Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holiday Fun

Zachary and I have had such a busy, fun-filled, holiday week! He has become so interested in helping with cooking that I decided this year would be perfect to do some baking with him. We spent all morning Wednesday in our jammies making a huge mess of the kitchen and eating tons of junk food (at 10am), it was a blast! We also blew up our 2nd hand mixer in a month so we had to take a little trip to the store to get a replacement (I'm in love!).






so excited to bake in Christmas pjs!

making reindeer belly buttons





waiting for the chocolate to melt





scooping out the peanut butter for pb cookies



this blender "rivals" nothing - it is dead...HATE





Mr. KitchenAid has now been welcomed into our home... LOVE




a true baker - food all over his mouth & flour on his face

While waiting for our cookies to bake we did a little winter craft. Zachary has become a great little artist!

hard at work


the finished product


Today we went to a Christmas party put together by the local Mom's Group I have joined. I wasn't able to get too many pictures because 30 kids running around is a little hairy! Z did stop running for a few minutes to decorate a polar bear sugar cookie.
his polar bear is pink :0)

Tomorrow we are going to tackle the sugar cookies and hopefully get chocolate chip cookies done over the weekend, so stay tuned for more pictures of our holiday fun!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks like fun - I can't wait until Hope is old enough to bake cookies with me.

I used my KitchenAid for the first time today (I got it last year for Christmas) and it was absolutely wonderful. I made a triple batch of cookies and it was so easy to mix them up with it.