Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day - FAIL

After a lot of contemplation, and I mean A LOT, I decided to bundle us up and go play in the snow for a little while. Getting a wiggly toddler into a snow suit is no small job, especially after I have already bundled myself up so we can run out the door the minute the mittens are secured. Phew, was I sweating!

So off we went... this is the first thing Zachary did... a little snow yoga? read: Downward Dog


The picture I wasn't able to snap after this one was of him with a full beard of snow and a missing boot.

After securing the boot we were off to play a little more with a good bit of smiles, until...


mittens were lost and hands were cold and OH.MY.GOSH. we were only outside for 7 minutes.

It took 5 minutes just to find the damn snow suit, boots and warmest socks Z owns. 5 more minutes to find mittens that he wouldn't reject immediately upon placement and 8.3 minutes for me to grab my essentials and throw them on... all for 7 whole minutes to play in the cold, wet, fluffy stuff.

So I declared IT IS TIME TO GO IN NOW BEFORE YOUR HANDS FREEZE OFF AND YOU TURN INTO A TODDLERSICLE. Oh but Z was having none of that, nope. He was 100% content with the creeping frostbite, the sock frozen to his foot and the chapped cheeks (yes all of this can happen in 7 minutes dammit I'm not being dramatic!)

So what's a mom to do? Yes, I begged and I pleaded and I bribed with promises of hot chocolate (of which he has no idea) but I told him it involved milk and in we ran! THANK THE HEAVENS!

I hope that's it for snow this year because I feel guilty not taking him out to enjoy the wonders (blech) of the white crap, but I truly loathed every 7 minutes we were out there.

No comments: