Thursday, September 25, 2008

Take a look, it's in a book - Reading Rainbow!

I got the cutest phone call in the world last night! My sister, Sarah, called me super excited to share news with me. I figured it was something about her house since she's in the process of putting it on the market. No, it was better!

Are you in suspense yet? My wonderful, smart and cutie patootie of a nephew is officially a reader! He just started kindergarten this year and they sat down to do some homework last night. I'm not sure of the details of the homework but it required reading a book together. Sarah said he picked Cinderella first but she swayed him to choose something with smaller words. So he settled on Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss. She said he did such a wonderful job sounding out the words and taking his time. I could tell she was beaming just from explaining it. Needless to say, I'm a very proud Auntie :) Way to go Collin!


Here he is ready for his 1st day of school. I can't believe how big he is!

No comments: