I'm sure most of you are all aware by now that I am running a full marathon in a couple of months. The marathon itself, along with the weekly training, is going to be a battle. However, my battle is minor compared to those that are suffering with blood cancers.
I have teamed up with an amazing organization, Team in Training, who is partnered with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise money for research to find a cure for these terrible diseases.
My grandfather, Raymond Martin, lost his battle with Lymphoma back in 1997. He was one of the strongest men I have ever known and I am honoring him during my training journey.
Over the course of the next 18 weeks I will be dedicating my time running many many miles and hopefully raising many many dollars. This is a cause I truly believe in and I plan to give everything that I have for it.
If everyone could take a moment to pass my fundraising page on to family and friends, or everyone in your contact listing, I would greatly appreciate it. It's amazing how many people's lives have been affected by blood cancer. If there is anyone else out there that I can reach out to, and honor, I would love to do so.
Thank you all for your support and generosity!!!!
My fundraising page is: http://pages.teamintraining.org/cpa/rnr11/hchisolm
No comments:
Post a Comment