Monday, April 6, 2009

Joys of Motherhood: Part 9,001

Alright folks, so I signed up for the whole "your kid is here to embarass you" thing and the "they'll steal your heart the minute you lay eyes on them" mumbo jumbo but no I did NOT sign up for being made to look like a fool! A fool I say!

We landed back at the pediatrician this morning after a long 3 days of hacking, snotting, sneezing and lethargy. Oh and did I mention disobedience? Yes, that now seems to come with being sick. Throwing tantrums, hitting, crying at the drop of a hat and ohhhhhhh mommy you suck! suck! suck! Where's my daddy??

I swear to all of you, I am not being dramatic when I say I listened to my child literally hacking up his lungs all weekend. That makes for a lot of sleepless nights around these parts and a very cranky child. Plus, the whole mess of cleaning up lungs that have been spewed all over the house. Yuck.

Even with the spewing of lungs he seemed to have enough energy so we did have a good weekend. We took him on an Easter Egg Hunt and warned all parents of the other children to KEEP THEIR KIDS AS FAR AWAY FROM GERM BOY AS POSSIBLE! WE'RE SERIOUS, HE'S SICK PEOPLE!!!! (I'll share those pics later, right now I'm having a 'me' moment, thank you very much)

Alas, he's not sick. Nope. Ears are totally fine, lungs sound totally clear (albeit somewhat sore from being spewed around the house for 3 days and I think the dog chewed on one for a split second, anyway). Now do you think the "terrible," "horrible," "worst cough I've EVER heard" could have been shown while we are at the doctor??? No! He sat there totally still with a silly little grin on his face. 'Haha suckers, I made you get up early to get me an early appointment so I could play with all the of the germ infested toys in the waiting room only so you will have to bring me back in a few days with a FOR REAL illness. hahahahaha, my master plan worked!'

Obviously I'm glad he's not sick "for real" but if you could hear the hacking that is going on around here right now you might side with me... but I have to go because there goes another lung,..

No comments: