He didn't want to eat breakfast. Battle # 1 I chose not to fight.
He didn't want to drink anything. Battle #2 I chose not to fight.
He didn't want to take his medicine. Battle # 3 I won.
Because of waving the white flag with battles 1 & 2 I ended up regretting fighting battle # 3.
About an hour after administering said medicine Z took his Spunky dog and laid on the floor next to the door of our room. Very odd, very odd indeed. Then he stood, fussed and SHAZAAM the flood gates of his mouth opened and well... you get it.
Holy crapzoids! I would have thought the exorcist had jumped into my child's body with the way that crap came out. I went straight into panic mode. Grabbed the kid, quick hug, DOGS OUTSIDE NOW, kid thrown in crib, hug hug, it's ok!!!! Phone, where in the hell is my phone and WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING MOM????????
I am 27 years old and my kid just vomited and I want MY mommy. Dear God.
Anyway, got that cleaned up to the best of my ability. Make a quick assessment of the child and HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP he has gone and pooped too. I change his diaper and suddenly feel the heat of Hell creeping up my neck. Sweat dripping... and I'm off and running to the bathroom. Dry heave, dry heave...ok I'm fine.
I won't lie and say it took a good 5 hours for me to recover from that little party Z threw for me. I swore I was getting sick myself but I turned out ok, for now.
The remainder of the day was spent coaxing him to drink ANYTHING, please ANYTHING.
I have to say, he was pretty sweet today letting me rub his back while he moaned on my bed watching cartoons. I haven't had snuggle time like that since he was super duper little.
Here is a pic of my little patient:
Oh! So Santa felt really bad for me this afternoon after he saw me rocking Z for 2 hours so he could watch Sesame Street but not actually have any limbs touching the bed. I HAD to be standing and I COULDN'T put him down. Ever. He dropped off a little early Christmas present. Here is Z opening...
1 comment:
Where's "the bucket"? You always have to have "the bucket" on sick days!!!
Post a Comment